Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dirty Laundry

Until about a year ago, I never had to do coin laundry. Ever. I have decided that when I move from my current existence, I never want to do it again. Ever. There's just something about the stress of taking all your dirty clothes - your unmentionables, your pajamas, and your business clothes - and trundling them all down the stairs in baskets, putting them in washers in questionable sanitary states, and then putting money in and leaving them. Someone who you don't even know put his clothes in the washer, and then the dryer, and the result is that you have to empty the lint trap of his lint. !!! Laundry really is personal. Clothes say who you are...they're the outward expression of the inward person. So to put your dirty clothes out there, carrying them around for all to see...just makes me think that the phrase 'dirty laundry' when referring to skeletons of your past in the closet really does have some meaning. So much meaning that it creeps me out. It creeps me out enough that I never want to do coin laundry again. Ever.

2 comments:

Rhino said...

Never, in all your years of college?! Never did you have to do coin laundry?? What a charmed condominium life you led. Even though I had it worse I can't complain because Karma has balanced my fortune. It is the greatest domestic pleasure that I don't have to do any laundry any more.

Here's to a better laundry configuration.

WarCry13 said...

I made the decision to pay the outrageous amount to get a washer & dryer from Rent-A-Center JUST to avoid that problem. I decided I could put 'em on layaway, but I'd have to spend the difference on the coin-machines anyway.

Worth EVERY red cent.