Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fleetwood Mac

I love Fleetwood Mac.

Perhaps because with this band, more than almost any other, I think, "Hm. This is a good song. I wonder who sings it?" Only to find out....it's FLEETWOOD MAC! Seriously, it's FM a ridiculous amount of the time. I think it's because they had so many songwriters and so many good leads in their group.

I've been on this overtime 70s kick lately. Until I emerge, there will be much fleetwood-ing and not so much fleet fox-ing. Either is good, I'm just in a Mac phase.

On another note, even when life is hard, life is good. I'm going to write this now so that later when I'm not so sure I believe it I will have hardcoded evidence that at one time I thought so, and perhaps re-reading it will remind me of all the reasons why life is good and things will get better almost immediately.

Lastly, I went to the library and checked out Where's Waldo and did it today. I had forgotten how much fun picture finding books are. Everyone, I recommend revisiting this particular avenue of childhood joy. If you never indulged, I encourage you to do so now. Perhaps it will lessen your chances of Alzheimer's by .000001%. And it will be slightly entertaining if you look at the stories between the interaction of people on the page. So just do it.

Okay. I'm done with my two shameless plugs. (They really were shameless, too...)

1 comment:

Mike Sørensen said...

The book I've linked to below is one of the first I remember as a kid. The EXACT book (not a re-purchase) has survived more than 30 years and has been enjoyed by my nieces as well as my son. It's a very cartoon-version of learning about cars, but, like your Waldo, there's a hidden gold-bug on every page that it's still fun for me to to go looking for occasionally.

http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Scarrys-Cars-Trucks-Things/dp/0307157857