Wednesday, March 2, 2011

i got change in my pocket goin jing-a-ling-a-ling

There have been a lot of changes in my life recently.

Almost exactly a year ago I moved across the country. I transferred with work, and so while I reported to the same person, my coworkers, workspace, commute, and general responsibilities all changed, too. I do a lot more administrative assistant stuff. I would say more about it, except my blog is public. :)

Climate change is real. I'm here to tell you all about it. Going from mostly sunny to often rainy is an adjustment. Walking to work is different than driving in famously heavy traffic. In my last residence I rarely walked anywhere except for pleasure. Now I do out of necessity. (I have to keep my Scrooge status so I walk to a. exercise b. get there faster and c. save on parking. Though we all knew that c. was really the driver in the first place.)

I've also realized this year that confidence is healing. I'm not sure if healing is the egg or the chicken, or if confidence is, but both are needed in life to succeed. Just like you need chickens and eggs to have a chicken omelette.

Physical therapy is tiring. Really tiring. I've made some changes to my daily routine to accommodate the stretching, etc. required to get my body a little stronger.

Eh, this post is getting boring. I'm going to have to reboot and try again later.

1 comment:

Mike Sørensen said...

Thanks, now I'm going to have Dan Baird's voice in my head all day... :)