Wednesday, April 13, 2011

vhat eez thees?

The last two weeks have provided me with new experiences; fodder for blog posts.

Things I have seen recently:

1. a $24.95 sandwich
2. sparrow in an airport
3. pigeon in an airport (these were both in JFK - what is it with birds and Kennedy's?)
4. zippers on hats. why would you ever want a zipper on a hat? what would you possibly stick in a hat?
5. random shoes in a hole in the wall tailor shop . i suppose the idea is that you know how high the shoes are going to be that you're going to wear for the occasion and then put them on in case you hadn't brought any. that seems a little weird. and slightly unsanitary.
6. motel room with a tile entryway
7. whitecaps on a lake
8. snow on mountains, making it it look like a giant petticoat, with the plateau as the waistline
9. times square. why you ever would drive through there is beyond me. a. traffic is terrible and b. the signs would be so distracting!!!! likely you'd have a fit of epilepsy just traveling through and cause a crash
10. statue of liberty!
11. the frick collection
12. part of the met
13. central park
14. broadway
15. the subway. turns out if you paint something black, chances are it feels/looks black.
16. no evidence of bedbugs!!!!!! yay!!!!!
17. my whole family dancing together

2 comments:

Mike Sørensen said...

#4 - I don't know about zippers, but if you look at military caps - at least, the old style there's a pocket on the inside for maps.

#7 - I've been been to Chicago, Lake Michigan. You can damn near surf there some days.

#10 - I almost cried a few days back. on a trip in from Germany, I had a connection through New Jersey. On approach, we were over NY Harbor, so I took some pics of that Lady. In the background - clear as day - are the twin towers. I'll have to find them to share.

Emily said...

you can't really drive through times square since it was turned into a pedestrian plaza in 2009.