Friday, June 17, 2011

Whirly Word Love

Here are the first letters in the first name of every person in my immediate family:
D S N T W A J R L D V K I

We love words. We heart them muchly. We syntax, debate, spell, and rearrange.

I downloaded an app on my ipod called "whirly word." It's kind of a stupid app but it can distract me while I'm waiting at the doctor's office for a few minutes, or waiting for a haircut, or waiting in the airport, etc.
The app gives you six letters in a wheel and you have to find all the word combinations that can be made from those six letters.

The rules are as follows:
1. The word has to have at least three letters;
2. Each letter given can only be used once per word;
3. No proper nouns; and
4. (I added this) No plurals.

In honor of the love I have for my family, here are the words made up of the first letter of the first name of the first circle of my family.


There are, of course, probably many many more words than these.
Feel free to comment and notify me of ones I missed. Even if it doesn't mean love to you like it does to me, at least we share a love of words.



A D/D I J K L N R S T V W
add dad ink jail kid lad nadir rad sad tad van was
aid darn ilk jar kin laid nail raid said tail vast win
ail dart irk jaw kind land nil rail sail talk vat wilt
ant    dawn jilt kit lank nit ran sand tan vial wit
arid dial kilt law rand sank tar viral wad
aril did kiln lawn rank sat task vista wand
art din lid rat saw tin vital wail
avid drink link raw silk twin want
list rid silt tidal wrist
rind sin wink
rink sink war
sit ward
slat wart
slid wan
slink wind
slit
star
stink
stir
swan











No comments: