Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chelan in the Springtime



About half a year ago (yes, I am running behind on my blog) I went to Lake Chelan. It's gorgeous.

So I thought I'd share some of its pulchritude with you.

Left: The tree at the top makes me think of the oft-lamented Seahorse Tree. Also, I love how springtime clouds can be white and gray at the same time.
Below, Top Right: A bunch of bare apple trees. And some getting-green hills. And some grey not-so-puffy clouds. And a surprisingly blue sky. And half a stOP sign.

Below, Top Left: Blossoms at the park. :)

Below, Right: The town has in the last fifteen years or so become the Washington version of Napa. (I think that Napa snobs would be very upset at the comparison...but if the grape ferments...)

Below, Left: Low lake. Wonder what it looks like now?




Left: Saw Easy Street and just had to have a pic.

Right: View of one of the bridges over the river.









Left: All that grey fuzzy looking stuff is actually a conglomeration of apple tree branches. Acres and acres of them. From a distance they look like warm fuzzies. (well, at least fuzzies. The warm is automatically implied because I'm me. :) )

Right: Here's another bridge.

Right: The view from my balcony at 5:45 am. (There was a "fun run" that I was in charge of that began at six... Ugh.)

If you drive up the mountain approximately ten miles, the view of the river is gorgeous. I parked my car in the scenic pullout and climbed a little way down the hill (I was in dress shoes, so I was a sissy and didn't go much further). I turned around and looked back, and my car looked like a car ad...the kind of shot they do at the end of the commercial when they've shown the "Closed course. Professional driver. Do not attempt." in tiny letters at the bottom. 

Here's the view. I can't really do panoramic on the blog without smooshing the pic together, but hopefully from l-r you'll be able to see how pretty it was, even in pre-bloom springtime.

The first one is on the approach; the rest are the 180 view from where you see the car.








 Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words. It was so peaceful...I think only one car drove by me the whole ten or fifteen minutes I was out there, just snapping photos (some of myself with the view in the background...but none of those turned out satisfactorily enough to post). It was so beautiful it made my heart sing.

















No comments: