Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Glue Ear

I've got glue in my ear
I've got glue in my ear
I've got so much in there
I no longer can hear

My story begins two whole Fridays ago
I started to feel in my ear a slight woe
I thought I was fine, so I drove to Sea-town
I had a good time, but my pain slowed me down.

By the time I got home to rest my wee head
My ear felt so full that I was filled with dread.
I woke up on Monday; thought I would be fine
But something was wrong with that left ear of mine.

So I called up the doctor, and lickety-split
I got an appointment and went through with it.
The doctor was nice and on time, and explained
An outer ear yuck-fest was to be contained.

He took out the goop and the wax and the stuff
That was blocking my hearing like an ear muff
The pain in my ear seemed to go right away.
My hearing was tested (above average -- hurray!)

Fred Meyer never seemed quite so far away
As it did when I got my RX--same day!
I insisted on ear-drops -- yes, no pills for me
The kind without steroids cost $73.

The doctor said I was okay to fly
So I went to Seattle - Portland, goodbye!
My flights went by smoothly, no pain in the ear
So I thought I was fine and had nothing to fear

But here, one week later, I sit and I type
Because I can't hear, and I'm starting to gripe
It seems my yuck-fest has migrated freely
And middle-ear problems are more of a "dealy."

I feel at a loss - not quite sure what to do.
Take one decongestant? Perhaps even two?
If I do, it seems that much better I'll fare
But I probably should seek additional care.

I've got glue in my ear
I've got glue in my ear
I've got so much in there
I no longer can hear.