Sunday, August 31, 2014

More Fibonacci, less paparazzi

Sometimes I wish I had better control of the things that my brain remembers. I can spot actors and remember their entire body of work within a nanosecond, but the other day, the name Fibonacci came to my mind and I was frustrated. I had the words "Fibonacci" and "sequence" linked together in my brain, and I knew that it was number-related, but I couldn't define the sequence, and it frustrated me greatly.

How come I can name three Kardashians but I can't remember things I really want to, like some sequences of a program I use at work, or anything mathematical. I had to look up the war of 1812 five years ago because I couldn't remember what the war was about...(impressment, if you've forgotten) and it just made me so upset that these things I would rather be able to recall effortlessly I can't, and things I really absolutely do not want to remember, I do. (For example, I read somewhere once three years ago that the front man of the Killers, Brandon Flowers, had a son named Alma. I DO NOT WANT to remember the name of the front man of the Killers, and while I'm sure his son is a fine person, I really don't care what his name is.)

Why does my brain do this? grrr.

No comments: