Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gold and Green and Brown

On St. Patrick's Day, I went to a party.
I made Irish Soda Bread.
It went over very well.
I watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Who knew Sean Connery ever had brown hair?
I wore green.
Then, I went to the Gold and Green Ball.
I didn't wear gold. Or green. Neither did pretty much anybody else. A lot of people did wear jeans, though, which I thought was odd, considering it was advertised as a 'formal dance.' I thought it was so weird, and a little depressing. "Och, the ways of the young!" and all of that.

This is what I wore.  <---



As you can see,  for the first time in almost ten years, I decided to do something new with my 'accessories.' -->

Also, my very inebriated neighbors invited me over for a drink. They met me in the elevator with my Irish Soda Bread leftovers, wearing my formal. I must have looked a little unusual. I went and had an ice water, much to the disappointment of at least one of them. He kept trying..."Just one li'l shot of vodka. Look, it's even in a pretty shamrock glass." Much to the amusement of his friends, I steadfastly refused, and they were like, "Dude, you're embarrassing yourself and getting nowhere with her. Just leave off already." It was kind of funny. Anyway, the point is that I went over with a plan in mind: to have them eat said leftover Irish soda bread. The plan worked like a charm.

No comments: