Sunday, June 10, 2012

San Francisco

for comings:
screech go the breaks of the yellow cab
drivers start to go downhill; give the gas a jab
hold on! hold on!
will my cabbie make the light?
will he yield, or cause me fright?

for tourings:

clack, thwack, whirr go the cables in the street
moving back and forth to the transportation beat
trolley! trolley!
will it make it to the top?
on the way down, will it stop?


for workings:

at the hotel, tired, want to sleep
tomorrow when I pay the bill it won't be cheap
wake up! wake up!
how long will this meeting last?
fifteen, twenty, forty past?

for eatings:

now I'm hungry, time to find some food
yes, there's a cuisine for my each and every mood
yummy! yummy!
will I eat until I burst?
where's my water? Quench my thirst!

for walkings:

walk up streets... now, I'm on a hiking spree
switchback up the hill - there's no mountain goat in me
shin splint! shin splint!
can you hear me huff and puff?
did i make it? I'm so tough!

for pinings/recommendings:
now I'm home, I just miss the Golden Gate
cypress trees, museums, and the shops in Upper Haight*
San Fran! San Fran!
have you been to Lands' End yet?
you and Claude the gator met?

for goings:
call a cab, doorman, with your whistle, please
it's a long plane ride and the BART would be a squeeze
whistle! whistle!
may I pay by credit card?
why must you make this so hard?








No comments: