Wednesday, June 12, 2013

long day, not in reseda

A few weeks ago I made a trip from P-town to Sea-town. Oh, city on the water, how I love you!

It was a long day:

0600: wake up
0615: out the door
0725: call nephew/niece. IGPM told me the story of the Tortoise and the Hare, but he modified it. He had a storytelling project at school, and his mom helped him pick the story. He rehearsed it, and then decided that he really didn't like the traditional ending. So he changed it instead, and although the hare does fall asleep and the tortoise passes him, the tortoise and the hair cross the finish line at the same time, so they are both winners, and they are friends! (This is with no encouragement from the teacher, or his mom.) I wonder if Aesop's Fables lose their potency when changed?
As an aside, I talked to IPGM on Monday and he told me that he and K had gone a whole day without fighting. I said that was most impressive. He said he wanted to go TWO WHOLE WEEKS without fighting. I wished him best of luck. He promised me a hug when he sees me in October. I'm going to hold him to it.
0912: breakfast at Toulouse with MLB
1035: haircut!
1145: bellsquare shopping w/ Two Ace
1400: thai food
1500: migrate to Seattle again
1600: purchase every bottle of DRY cucumber soda the local QFC had
1700: meet RW
1745: score an awesome parking spot, courtesy of truck driver
1800: Mariners vs. As.
2100: Bases loaded in the 8th, one run behind, leads to nothing
2200: back to QFC
2230: EC's house
2300: Surprise!!!!!! Here are my ladies. We're all a little tired in these pics. It was like girls popped out of the woodwork. RoJo and Ronron surprised me, at the request of EC. They came over and we got caught up. But first we sat in chairs with swimming noodles and snuggies and laid on the floor. We laughed, and laughed, and laughed so hard. I don't even remember what about...except for one thing that will always be an inside joke: "Is she, or isn't she?"

And then suddenly, even though only five girls live in the house, there were ten girls in the room and a movie was going and I was dying, dying, dying of tired. I managed to make it until 0045 and then I just made room for myself on the couch and turned my head to the cushions. Girls giggling, lights on, movie going...I didn't care. I was so tired I barely even stirred as they all left. EC woke me up at 6 so I could sleep in her bed (she's an angel) and I slept until 10!!!!!! I never do that anymore. But I kinda needed the sleep. It was such a long, good day!!!


No comments: