Thursday, September 25, 2014

beautiful things in unexpected places

Sometimes, you find beautiful things in unexpected places...a great meal in a hole-in-the-wall restaurant, an interesting conversation with someone you didn't think you liked, a flower in a vacant lot, a spot of green in the desert, one good painting in a modern art museum...the list could go on and on.

On Monday night I found something beautiful on facebook. A friend of mine made a post and for whatever reason I decided to click on it. I think that it was because a different friend on facebook shared a piece of classical music on facebook that I already knew, and so I was on the hunt for a new classical adventure. Also, I had a stressful day on Tuesday, and I think I was looking for something to help me relax. Sometimes, classical music is just what you need. 

Classical music can also sometimes just be aggravating: too many drums, too many screechy violins, too bouncy, too repetitive.

This is none of those things. I listened to about six seconds of it and was hooked. I put it on repeat and listened to it five times before I fell asleep. N, maybe your little one will particularly like it.

I share this with you because I love it. You should share things you love, things you're proud of, things that make you a better person.

Here it is:  http://www.npr.org/2014/09/21/349245154/a-pianist-hears-chopin-from-inside-his-instrument

Scroll down til you get to the Soundcloud item. Or, alternatively, try here.

Maybe you, too, will find something beautiful in this unexpected place.

No comments: