Wednesday, September 20, 2017

surged

About the time I got married, L came home one day and said, "My teacher's getting surged!" He meant that she was getting hip surgery. She was gone for a month. It was amazing how much better he got along with his substitute teacher than he did with his regular teacher. His behavior reports came back glowing each day.

Yesterday, I got surged. My gums were scary thin. You could see the little veins in them and the roots of my teeth were able to be seen through the gums. It was honestly a little gross. So I went to get it fixed. They used some of the tissue from my mouth for a couple of the spots, but the rest of it they got from donors. I have to eat soft food for a week, and talk minimally. No nuts or popcorn for at least a month. Even noodles are hard to swallow. I feel like I have to bolt things down. I have been mostly trying to stay with eggs as a protein source and focusing on keeping my sugar to a minimum. Turns out a lot of soft foods are sugary, even the fructose. Also, no straws.

It's amazing how much more smoothly surgery recovery goes when you do not get anesthesia. I was pleasantly surprised by how un-fuzzy my head was post-surgery.

I need to take it easy for awhile.

Upsides:

I was laying dead on the bed and we had family prayer. L said it. He said, "And please bless Mom, so that she can have no dreams. Or good dreams. But no nightmares, please. That will raise her heart rate, and we can't have that." (I need to keep my heart rate as low as possible and avoid talking for at least 3 days. You have no idea how hard that is for me.) I smiled. He sure loves me.

N3 was trying to convey his feelings to me, as well. He said, "You're my BFFAEAEAEA." I raised an eyebrow - no talking - and he said, "Best friend forever. And ever. And ever and ever and EVER!"

My kids warm my heart.

All the staff at the doctor's office exclaimed over how well HH was taking care of me, as well. It was like they had never seen a solicitous husband. Well, now they have. :) But he's mine!




No comments: