Tuesday, October 27, 2015

phases

I am in a phase of life where it seems like everything I listen to, absorb, watch, or process, I am relating to my life--even if to an outside observer the situation seems out of context. I don't know if I'm thinking too hard about myself or whether I am just stressed out to the point where I think everything's about me, or if I'm bored so I think about what I /should/ know best (myself--but these days it feels like I don't know myself at all).

Knowing what you want and where you want to go is a powerful asset.

Some days I feel like I don't know one single thing and I'm relying on the things I read to teach me about myself.

Perhaps, as one of my favorite books says, "it's just a phase."

Maybe that means that I've been a caterpillar my whole life and am preparing to become a wet-winged butterfly. I'm hoping that there's a wind that is good, but not too stiff to help me get my wings to harden so I can tackle the next "phase."




No comments: