Friday, October 2, 2015

Sky and Pumpkin

  1. I found an artist the other day I really like. I happened to hear him first when at a restaurant. It had Latin American food. The people I was with both spoke Spanish, but one mostly Dominican and the other Chilean. They compared food and platano dishes while I ate my ropa vieja and was grateful I didn't embarrass myself with the pronunciation of it when I ordered.

    If you can get past the first 30 seconds, you will like this a lot. This is an alternate link in case it doesn't work if you're not a Spotifier.

    Also, this needs no 30 second buffer. It's Ron Murray's version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
     
  2. Today, the sky as I came home from working at the coffee shop was perfect.  This is a couple hours later, and is not so perfect. It was the most lovely grey -- grey in the way that only Pacific Northwest skies are.

    here is something:

    The clouds are perfect in their coverage.
    Not one inch of sky is blue; neither can the label "grey" be uniformally applied.
    They maintain a dimensional appearance. And although they end up resembling
    polyester quilt batting that has been washed with denim jeans on accident,
    and has subsequently been played with by the family cat, they are not unfriendly.
    No soft mists of rain are currently being bestowed; the marks on the pavement
    tell me they finished giving out such generosity about twenty-five minutes ago.
    The soft sworls and swirls of grey aren't really "marble," though I do not have a better descriptor. Although the thickness appears to vary, the light ends up falling uniformly anyway, and only those who look up would notice the shades of the shade.
    This sky is not a simple canopy, but ever-changing, and would defy even Monet an accurate portrayal.



    The sky fit my mood perfectly. It isn't a dull grey, but a grey that's ever changing. Darkness ebbs and flows, but the overall effect is slightly melancholy and calming, simultaneously.
  3. I had fried rice with bacon in it that was then baked in a whole "pumpkin" for dinner last night, along with yakiniku. It was definitely An Experience. My dinner companion and I ate the whole thing. We also hate Washugyu beef and outside skirt. I wonder if inside or outside skirt tastes better. Either way, it's probably delicious.

No comments: