Thursday, May 26, 2016

cuddles

during cuddles:

me: what was your favorite part of the day?
LD: *points*
me: what?
LD: *rolls eyes* I'm pointing at her!!!
LD: Huge bear hug.
me: happy, happy, happiness inside

during cuddles:

me: i love you so much.
N3: I love you, too!
N3: We have the best ideas in this bed.
me: I know. We make a great team.
N3: Yes, we do! 
** a few minutes later **
me: It's time for me to go now.
N3: No!! I want you to stay and have a sleepover with me! 
N3: giant hug and squish


I made the boys rice bags so they can have something warm and cuddly to take to bed. I was careful to make them exactly the same size, and I let each boy pick his fabric. They were both so pleased! I had felt like I was slaving over them (even though they are very simple to make) because I was so exhausted. But I had made a promise that I would finish them by the end of the week (this was last week), and it was Saturday, so I was basically out of time. I pushed myself a bit, and was so glad when each of them stated more than once that they were so grateful for them and the bags were the "best gifts ever." One of those, "Yep, this is worth it" moments that are really tender mercies.

I love my boys. I love being a mom. It's the most difficult and most rewarding endeavor I have ever undertaken. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kirby said...

They are pretty funny!

Sealion II said...

LUCK

Tazendra said...

;D That must be so much fun! I wish you luck into motherhood