Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mike Teavee wants couch privileges

I bought a TV yesterday. And a laptop. It wasn't my first time buying a laptop, but it was my first time buying a tv. I don't know how I survived. Normally I am a basket case when I need to buy anything over $100. My brain just goes into shorted fritzed fried frizzled mode and I can't really function and it's difficult for me to actually "pull the trigger." Just ask K, who actually had to leave me at the car dealership so I would buy a car.

It's probably more TV than I need, but I got it on a very good deal and it was actually cheaper than the one I actually wanted, and even bigger, too. (!) I am now the owner of a 50" television. 3D glasses came with it. I'll never use them; they'll make me sick.

I tried to buy a couch, too, but I just couldn't find one that was comfy. If any of you have suggestions, please let me know. It turns out when you only have one couch, it needs to do a lot of different kinds of things. It needs to be tall enough to rest your head on, wide enough and long enough that you can lay down on it, have a comfy arm for sleeping on, be wide enough that you can fold your legs without feeling like you'll fall off, and be a good color. And it has to have no plastic cup holders. Because plastic cup holders imply that a cup will be used on the couch on a regular basis, which I don't really like the idea of. So, do I recline, or do I not recline? I find that usually if i have a recliner, if there's room, I usually end up spreading sideways anyway. So maybe that's not so important. Unless there's more than 2 people sitting on the couch, in which case that is important. I don't have people over often, so that situation likely won't come up often.

Couch shopping is hard work. :(

So yes, I have a TV, and yes, I want to buy a comfy couch privilege, but no, I do not want to be minimized into a three inch tall person like Mike. Oh, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...how I love you. So many life lessons learned from one book. But that's another post for another day.

Good Monday to all, and Good Night!


No comments: