Sunday, March 23, 2014

Squirrelly

On the day that I bought my couch (yes! I did finally find one that is uber comfy), something really unfortunate happened. I was on my way home, and feeling really good about life, when something not so nice happened. A squirrel darted in front of my car and I squished it. At first I thought either I had gone too fast or it had been too slow, and it was safe, but that was not the case. I looked at it in the rear view mirror. I was sad! I hadn't done it on purpose! Ending a life, even a squirrelly one, on accident, was not in the plan for that day.

I hoped that its family would be ok, and that it would had a quick death and did not feel the pain. In almost 15 years of driving, this is the first time something like this has happened to me. I hoped the cars behind me would be able to navigate around it. I was really just sad and felt sticky. "But it was an accident!" I thought. Accidents happen, but the consequences really just aren't good anyway. But at least they aren't on purpose. Then I would feel so much worse!!! I'm glad I don't have that kind of personality.


Then the voting part of me wondered if the city had a squirrel or other patrol to take care of the poor little remains. I hoped so...didn't want the indignity to last any longer than it had to.

Goodbye, squirrel. I did not mean you harm. I hope you are in squirrel heaven...with a tree full of nuts and some other squirrels to squeak with.

No comments: