Monday, May 12, 2014

avocados & bad seuss

About a year ago, I was introduced to the idea of using avocados in everything instead of mayo. Yay, grocery store marketing campaign: it worked, and now I'm hooked. No more mayo for me! I use avocados in deviled eggs. It tastes yum, and you can almost go back to your Green Eggs and Ham days if you want...yes, it does tinge them a bit, but I promise, the shade is not as bad as that of the pale green pants with nobody inside them.

Today I tried it with my tuna fish. It was too hot to cook anything, and I wanted more protein than just the avocado by itself would provide. It did look like someone had messed up one fish two fish, but it was actually really good...just need to remember to put some more spices in next time, and it will be epic!

Avocados are good. I'm a believer. Too bad they're so dang expensive. I bought a bunch at the cinco de mayo sale though, and mom told me to let them ripen and then stick them in the fridge and they'll keep, and it's worked like a charm. Hail avocados! Down with mayonnaise!

No comments: