Tuesday, June 3, 2014

cloudy day

I went out with a friend on a cloudy day recently. I should note that I have learned my lesson, and I always wear sunglasses on the cloudy summer days, because the light is that much harder on my eyes then.

We went on an adventure; we went somewhere that neither of us had ever been before: Bainbridge Island.

I had heard that Mora's was the place to go for ice cream, and that it was worth the ferry ride over just to have the delectable deliciousness that is their locally made ice cream.

Most everything that is in the ice cream is from the island...the cows that the cream came from, and the blackberries in the "mora" (that's what they call the blackberry flavored ice cream...which is delicious, of course).

It took awhile before we actually got to Mora's. It involved a really long stop at a subpar cafe (mostly labeled such because it took almost 40 minutes for them to bring us a sandwich).

The ferry ride is worth it for the view alone.

This is the city that I love. :)


No comments: