Monday, June 30, 2014

unexpected yum

There are things that I unexpectedly like: for example, recently I discovered that I love green onions. I love them. I want to eat them every day. So I do, because I can.

Yesterday I stuck them in my tuna avocado (which I wrote another post about). Just my tuna avocado salad, because I rarely eat sandwiches anymore. (It's not a conscious thing, it's a listening to my body thing, but that's another post for another day.) The combination was delicious.

The summer I lived at Grandma and Grandpa's house, JT and I had an onion adventure. There were green onions growing that were three feet high. I wonder how yummy they would have tasted, if I had been brave enough to try them.

People who know me also know that I love cucumber soda, by Dry. Mixed with strawberry lemonade or by itself, it's probably my favorite drink besides water. Definitely, it's my favorite "treat" drink. A visiting teacher once gave me a bottle of it. I wondered if it was some sort of sick joke, but I stuck it in the fridge anyway and then one time I was really wanting something and it was pretty much the only thing in the fridge. So I drank it. I'm sure my face contorted, but I kept drinking it, and by the end of the bottle, I guess you could say I had been converted.

Yay green onions. Yay cucumber soda. Yay all sorts of other good things that I haven't discovered yet. Yay to yummy things.

1 comment:

janitje said...

as you know i have been converted to onions of every kind.

glad you've got the greens on your team.