Sunday, July 13, 2014

evolution

When I was in college, having "no food in the house" meant having no bread or milk.

When I lived in LA, having "no food in the house" meant having no Cheerios, hummus, or pita bread.

When I lived in Seattle, having "no food in the house" meant having no bell peppers, no fruit, or any frozen dinners to take to work with me.

When I lived in Oregon, having "no food in the house" meant having no Fage Total yogurt, butter, granola, or onions.

And now, having "no food in the house" means having no berries, no avocados, and no green onions.

So you see, evolution is a real thing. In college, I used to have all the ingredients to make cookies in case I ever decided on a whim to whip up a batch. In LA, I wanted to always have enough muffin papers to make myself a sunday morning muffin treat. In Oregon, buttermilk biscuits were my baking "treat." And now, I don't really bake at all.

No comments: